Tuesday, November 26, 2013

PS4 unboxing. PlayStation 4. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. PlayStation ...



PlayStation 4 unboxing. I got this as unexpected gift including PS4, extra Dual Shock 4 wireless controller, Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag PS4 game (Target edition), FIFA 14 PS4 game, Need for Speed Rivals PS4 game.
I let all my 3 cats to inspect boxes before I opened them.
What is inside of box?  Dual Shock 4 wireless controller, headpiece with microphone (3.5 mm standard phone jack plug into controller), USB cable for the controller wired operation and charging, AC power cord (I don't like external power supply like the one for XBox), HDMI cable, Quick Start manual, PlayStation Plus promotional code (30 days free trial) and the main PS4 unit, which is smaller than I previously imagined, even smaller than my PS3.
Start PS4 for the first time - as the very first step once it detected internet connection - downloaded and installed new firmware (around 350MB), login with my existing PSN ID, updated profile and it stuck with the "Please Wait" message for 1 hour. I shutdown power, restarted PS4, login again, completed the process - OK.
First run of the AC4 Black Flag: it has detected that I have previously bought Season Pass for AC4, so it offered to buy it for free. After this I have downloaded all that little DLCs, however Time Saver pack that I bought before from PS3 I could not download for free.
While in the AC4 main menu it was downloading AC4 multiplayer for 5-10 minutes. I got first big surprise when I have started AC4 multiplayer - PlayStation Plus is required. Even with 30 days trial code you still must enter valid Credit Card and will be charged for PS+ services once trial period will expire. This will add $50 to the AC4 Multiplayer cost for the 1 year.
Another big problem (I knew that) - I cannot record without stripping out the HDCP protection. And their original Share button features suck. Videos of poor quality can be uploaded only to Facebook. Videos are 15 minutes maximum recorded in a kind of random period of time... I need to find how to disable this bullshit - waste of CPU power during the gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment